“Each year, dedicated Manitobans contribute ideas, programs and action plans for sustainable development that benefit our economy, our province and the people who live here,” said Blaikie, who also chairs the Manitoba Round Table for Sustainable Development. “These awards are our opportunity to recognize and reward individuals, groups and organizations who embrace the spirit and principles that help Manitoba remain a leader in sustainable development.”
The Manitoba Round Table for Sustainable Development established the awards program in 2008 to showcase individual and collective efforts that incorporate the positive impact of decisions and actions on the environment, the economy and human health and well-being.
Any individual, business, organization or community group in Manitoba is eligible to apply or be nominated for one award in the following six categories:
- Action on Climate Change, Air Quality and Energy Efficiency,
- Sustainability in Water and Natural Area Stewardship,
- Sustainability in Pollution Prevention and Product Stewardship,
- Education for Sustainability,
- Innovation and Research for Sustainability, and
- Champion for Sustainability.
Visit website of Manitoba